Thursday, March 10, 2011

Secret World: the floodgates are open

Via Massively, I learned yesterday that Funcom released a ton of new details about Secret World at the Game Developers Conference. They also now have a website for it with trailers, class info, and such. Secret World really piqued my interest when I first heard about it, but has somehow managed to fly completely under my radar recently.

I have to say what I am seeing there looks fantastic. The setting looks great, very different from all the elfy fantasy fare I feel that the market is currently glutted with. Sort of Left for Dead meets an a fantasy MMO set in modern times, with a dash of global shadow conspiracy thrown in for good measure. The character development system also looks interesting, it will be skill based rather than class based. I'm once again really looking forward to the game. I just hope, for their sake and mine, that the release doesn't jam up too closely to the release of SWToR.

3 comments:

  1. The Secret World has been one of those games I've been looking forward to for a while now. But with Rift and news of GW2 and SWTOR, lately it's taken a bit of a backseat. The new trailer Funcom released the other day though, got me excited all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by other day, I meant of course, earlier today. My fingers don't seem to be typing the same things my brain is thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That trailer was indeed awesome. I would say this is the gam I'm most looking forward to now, apart from SWTOR.

    ReplyDelete