Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dear Santa

[I'm not going to spread this chain any further, but I thank Blue Kae for inspiring me to post this] .

Dear Santa,

It's been a while since I've written to you. I don't even visit you in the mall these days, I know I've been lax. I do sometimes donate a little bit of money when I see you out ringing a bell next to one of those Salvation Army buckets, so there's that. In any case I hope that I've been sufficiently well behaved that you aren't planning to come to my house and jam coal in my socks later this month. If you are planning to bring me something pleasant, I have a few requests:

1. For the love of all that is holy do not allow WoW style modding in SWTOR. When I play WoW, every time I see players having e-peen battles about their gearscores or DPS meter results, I want to stab them for boning my immersion. Please don't let SWTOR go there.

2. It would be pretty keen if you could get my early access to SWTOR bumped up by a day or two. I didn't pre-order until November, so there's something like a million pre-orders in line in front of me.

3. More reasoned critiques of MMOs on the interwebs, and less "this MMO is teh suxxors because it wasn't designed to cater to my peculiar whims." The comments on this post over at Ardwulf's layer speak to what I'm talking about, if that's a bit too vague.

4. Tolerance. More tolerance among gamers with different tastes. Remind every one that just because someone likes a game that one MMO gamer or group of gamers finds stale does not mean that the someone in question is new to MMOs, a drooling fanboy blinded by an IP, or mentally deficient. Different strokes for different folks and all that. More tolerance just generally (political, religious, ect.) would be nice while we are on the subject.

Any or all of that would be great. Also, please say hello to Mrs. Claus and Rudolf for me. They were kind of a big deal when I was six and I still think of them. Let me know what kind of cookies you prefer, and if skim milk is OK or if I need to go out and get something more substantial.

Yours sincerely,

Yeebo

2 comments:

  1. For the love of all that's good in the world, let #1 be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind some mods in SWTOR, if it will help me customize the ugly ass UI! Actually, it's not so bad, but I would prefer to be able to at least scale my action bars and move things around :P

    But I agree on the other aspects such as DPS meters and gear scores. That can only lead to the dark side...

    ReplyDelete