Monday, October 22, 2012

Project: Gorgon

I have been following the kickstarter page for Project: Gorgon mainly because it sounds like the game is going to  be really interesting.   How can you read about something like the lycanthopy system or the in-game geocaching system for player generated treasure hunts and not be intrigued?  I very much want the kickstarter to be a success, if for no other reason than just to see how all the bizarro/  innovative designs that one of the better game design bloggers has been posting about come together.  My take is that the game represents an attempt to address design issues that are arguably holding back MMOs as a genre, and not with digging through spreadsheets as game-play or FFA PvP and an atrocious UI.  With only 11 days to go, the kickstarter project has only gotten about 20% of the way to its goal.  This post is my meager attempt to try and refocus some attention on the project.  If innovative MMO design is something you care about, you really should consider heading over to their page and becoming a backer.

In other news, I am not dead, merely very busy with my work irl.  More regular posting will resume soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pointer; there are some interesting ideas in that project ;)

    I will certainly provide a bit of support to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really interesting, and I haven't heard about this at all, so thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anjin, Green Armadillo, and some other bloggers covered it when the kickstarter first went live (that's how I found out about it). I haven't seen anything about it lately, so I wanted to give the game another shout now that the clock is ticking down.

    ReplyDelete